What are the key elements of the Mapesbury Handleless Kitchen?
- Sink: Your choice of ceramic farmhouse/butler style sink or a stainless steel undermounted style.
- Worktop: Your choice of a maintenance-free Quartz, natural Quartzite, Granite or Marble-effect. We can provide hundreds of options for you to choose from, with differing styles on display in our showroom alongside many additional samples for you to select. Provision can be made to accommodate the latest motorised or soft-close recessed style power options (pop-up sockets) and we will precision cut any apertures required for hobs and associated appliances within worksurfaces.
- Furniture: Traditionally crafted mortice and tenon jointed doors, dovetail drawer boxes. Doors with optional soft-close or traditional butt hinges, drawer boxes on soft-close runners. The choice of a plain front frame or traditional half-round cock bead fitted to the frame around each door & drawer.
The Mapesbury style is handleless by design, using a finger-pull in the top of the drawers and a push-to-open mechanism on the doors.
- Carcasses: Our carcasses are traditionally constructed from the most durable materials. Our draws are typically manufactured in oak, with dovetail joints. Alternate materials, such as Walnut or Birch are available on request, as we offer a truly bespoke service.
- Storage: This can be built to your specification to be highly practical – Doors can be set on drawer boxes, especially useful under your sink. The option to have an internal draw inside a deeper front drawer is also popular with our clients. Further storage elements can be created to fulfil your specific requirements.
- Paint: Your choice of colour in quality, durable paint.
What brands do we feature?
- Paint: Farrow & Ball, Little Greene, Dulux, Crown, Sandersons and Paint & Paper Library.
- Sinks: Shaw’s, Perrin & Rowe, Blanco, Franke, Reginox and Villeroy & Boch.
- Taps: Perrin & Rowe, Quooker and Blanco.
- Appliances: Sub-Zero & Wolf, ILVE, Natufia and DeManincor