When working on a kitchen design with HMK, we will have extensive meetings with you to help you decide on your additional items such as the different taps that are on the market and the benefits of why choosing a pot filler can change your way of working in the busy kitchen. This special faucet is installed near the stove or hob in a kitchen, designed to provide a convenient way to fill large pots and pans with water directly in the cooking area.
It looks like the pot filler can actually add value to the home as they make a comeback to the modern kitchen today!
What is a Pot Filler?
Pot fillers typically consist of a long, articulated arm with a swinging or folding mechanism. The arm allows the faucet to extend over the stove and reach multiple burners. The arm can be adjusted and positioned as needed to accommodate different pot sizes.
You will find them installed on the wall above the cooktop or on the splashback. They are connected to the water supply system and come with a separate control valve that allows you to turn the water on and off. Some pot fillers have additional features like a swivel spout or dual handles for hot and cold water control.
The Purpose of a Pot Filler
The primary purpose of a pot filler is to make it much more convenient for the cook to fill large pots with water, especially when cooking tasks like boiling pasta, making stocks, or preparing large quantities of food. Instead of carrying heavy pots back and forth from the sink to the stove, you can simply position the pot under the pot filler and fill it with water directly.
Pot fillers provide several benefits…
- Convenience – no need to carry heavy pots filled with water from the sink to the stove.
- Time-saving – simply place the pot on the stove and fill it directly from the pot filler. Saving you time and effort, especially when dealing with large quantities of water. You don’t even have to wait for the water to heat up at the sink and then transfer it to the cooktop.
- Reduces the risk of spills and splashes – eliminates the risk of water going all over the floor or on the worktops and reduces the chances of accidents and keeps your kitchen cleaner.
- Prevents strain or injuries associated with lifting heavy pots – reduces the chances of accidents or physical discomfort associated with carrying heavy loads.
- Adds a touch of functionality and elegance to the kitchen – choose one to complement your kitchen decor.
- Available in a variety of designs and finishes to match different kitchen styles – a well-designed pot filler can serve as a decorative element, enhancing the overall look and feel of your kitchen.
It’s worth noting a pot filler typically requires professional plumbing work!
In one of our recent projects located in London, this Perrin & Rowe Pot Filler with Crosstop Handles in Aged Brass is placed elegantly on the full-height splashback made from Quartzite behind that incredible Lacanche range cooker.
A little story as to why our client opted for a pot filler…
Right at the beginning of the design process, our client had come across how the pot filler was making an instant comeback in today’s kitchens and started to discuss with us how it would be beneficial for her and her family in their new kitchen design. Talking through the different benefits a pot filler would give to the kitchen our client instantly knew that they needed a helping hand in their brand-new kitchen and opted for this beautiful one.
Perrin and Rowe is a reputable brand that offers high-quality kitchen and bathroom fixtures, including pot fillers. They are known for their craftsmanship, durability, and elegant designs and we love working with them here at HMK. If you would like to add a pot filler to your kitchen, contact us today – we look forward to hearing from you.
Some of the reasons why to choose a Perrin & Rowe Pot Filler
- Quality and craftsmanship – Perrin & Rowe pot fillers are crafted with attention to detail and built to last. The brand is known for using premium materials and employing advanced manufacturing techniques to ensure the highest quality standards.
- Design options – Perrin & Rowe pot fillers come in various designs to suit different kitchen styles. There are both contemporary and traditional designs, allowing you to choose the one that best fits your kitchen aesthetics.
- Finishes – Perrin and Rowe pot fillers are available in a range of finishes to match your kitchen decor. The finishes include polished chrome, polished nickel, satin nickel, English bronze and more. Each one of these finishes not only enhances the appearance but also provides durability and resistance to tarnishing.
- Functionality – Perrin and Rowe pot fillers are designed to offer convenience and ease of use. The swing-out spout or articulated arm makes it convenient for filling large pots and pans.
- Construction and Installation – Perrin and Rowe pot fillers are constructed with solid brass or stainless steel for durability and reliability. The installation process may require professional assistance, as it involves plumbing work and ensuring proper connection to the water supply.
- Additional Features – Depending on the model, Perrin & Rowe pot fillers may offer additional features such as a dual-handle design for hot and cold water control, ceramic disc cartridges for smooth operation, and adjustable flow rates for water conservation.