What makes the Classic Shaker Style unique?
You will notice we have split our collection into three; the Classic Shaker, Traditional Shaker and Modern Shaker. Each has subtle differences not immediately obvious, but which give you a sense of the kitchen being truly yours. With the Classic Shaker the most obvious feature is the option of a recessed (standard) or in-line plinth, which is where the plinth is brought forward to the same line as the drawers/doors and furniture. The plinth is built as part of the cabinet itself. The advantage to this style is that it is unique in appearance, eliminating shadow and therefore keeping the focal point on the rest of the kitchen.
The Classic Shaker Style is a kitchen designed and traditionally crafted specifically for your requirements; all of the completed designs are hand painted in a durable paint colour of your choice with absolutely everything being made-to-order (no off-the-shelf furniture here). A highly customisable kitchen with many options designed to suit your lifestyle, we have solutions that blend form and function.
What are the key features of my Handmade Classic Shaker?
You will enjoy the following features of a Handmade Kitchen Co. Classic Shaker.
- Sink: Your choice of ceramic farmhouse/butler style sink or a stainless steel undermounted style.
- Worktop: Your choice of maintenance-free Quartz, a natural solid wood, a combination of Quartz & Wood, Granite or Corian.
- Furniture: Traditionally crafted mortice and tenon jointed doors, dove tail drawer boxes. Doors with optional soft-close or traditional butt hinges, drawer boxes on soft close runners. The choice of a plain front frame or traditional half round cock bead fitted to the frame around each door & drawer.
- Carcasses: Our carcasses are traditionally made from your choice of solid Pine with dove tail joints, solid Oak, Walnut veneer, Birch Ply or an Oak Veneer – as we offer a truly bespoke service.
- Storage: Highly practical - Doors can be set on a drawer boxes, especially useful under your sink. The option to have an internal draw inside a deeper front drawer.
- Paint: Your choice of colour in a quality durable paint.
What brands do we feature?
- Paint: Farrow & Ball, Little Greene, Dulux, Crown, Sandersons and Paint & Paper Library.
- Sinks: Blanco, Franke, Reginox and Villeroy & Boch.
- Taps: Perrin & Rowe, Quooker, Blanco.